So, last year was pretty awesome. I pitched a book (didn’t sell it), had a baby (totally, unexpected) and joined the committee for the Georgia Peach Book Award. It was a pretty good year, but this year will be even better. I love January, because it is an arbitrary reset button. I can reevaluate my life and get things back on track that have gone hopelessly off the rails, but I’m going to be better this year than last.I usually make a laundry list of resolutions that are hopelessly impossible to keep, but I think I’ve found a formula that works.
- Write the resolution down. I like the app Wunderlist because I can keep my list with me and break it down into action steps. Which brings me to…
- Break goals down into action steps.
- Schedule it. I’ve designated days for certain things so I can make sure they happen.
- Organize. Get a template, a schedule, a plan. Whatever it is you want to do, someone else has done it so don’t reinvent the wheel.
- Lose 20lbs (hey, it’s vain, but I just had a baby)
- Audition for ACX (I’ve done it before and should do again)
- Launch a small business (I’ll clue you guys in once it’s ready